(Theatre nomad: a person in the theatre and/or entertainment field who travels from city to city and job to job with no real ties to one place; see also: independent contractor and ways to disappoint your parents.)

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Ball Gets Rollin'

I figured I'd better update before people get snippy about how many days since the last one. Especially since it's about to get busy here in Chocolate Town.

My boss got to town today. He was a bit delayed because of the flooding in Tennessee, which is RIDICULOUS. Anyway, things are off to a good start here. Costumes and props and uniforms arrived. The sets arrived. Load in is partially underway in one venue and further along in the other. Today the TD mentioned how strange it is to have two venues in one park to deal with. Agreed. We have a meetin' tomorrow to talk over ALL the things that need to get done. It's a lot of things. I'm excited.

A lot more of the cast arrives tomorrow. That will be nice. We're only 3 days from orientation and read thrus. I should actually go to bed since I have to be functional much earlier tomorrow than I have been lately.

Oh, one thing to note: today I set up my own wireless network. I even had to troubleshoot. I'm all colors of impressed with myself. It was a great piece of work too since I had to go buy a new router and such. It was an adventure!

So...bed now. And I'll take and post some pics of the set tomorrow. Consider this my last push of laziness before I turn into Productivity Girl. Hm...sounds like I've been watching Buffy lately. Oh wait, I have. Good night, World.

No comments:

Post a Comment