(Theatre nomad: a person in the theatre and/or entertainment field who travels from city to city and job to job with no real ties to one place; see also: independent contractor and ways to disappoint your parents.)

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Forgot I Have a Blog...

I did. I really did. Good thing I saved blogger.com in my bookmarks at the top of my Firefox browser. Whew. Thanks again, Firefox.

We completed Detox. I lost 12 lbs. I have since gained some of it back because I got super lazy so it's back to Detox on July 5 for a week to see if we can't reverse this turn of fortune. It's the working out part that I'm having trouble having consistently in my life. After 7-9 hours of work a day, who wants to go to the gym? Not me. I've been attempting morning gym sessions, but that requires motivation to outweigh sleep deprivation. I went yesterday. I did not go today.

I've started baking. A lot. Like...since I started 2 weeks ago, I made 2 cakes, 2 cookie cakes, a pie, several batches of cookies, and buttermilk pancakes. All from scratch because boxed baked goods aren't allowed in our house. There's a pic of the first one: a 3 layer white cake with layers of lemon curd and raspberry jam with lemon icing. It was amazing.

I'm also planning an epic birthday party that is in...2.5 days. It's for Nadia's 20th birthday. She knows there's a party, but not much else. It's fun to plan surprises for people. I'm just hoping it's as much fun as I want it to be. It should be...3 cakes means a good party, right?

Anyway...it's time for work again. Why does it feel like all I do is work?

No comments:

Post a Comment