(Theatre nomad: a person in the theatre and/or entertainment field who travels from city to city and job to job with no real ties to one place; see also: independent contractor and ways to disappoint your parents.)

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week One...Practically Done

It's an interesting thing to move to a new place sans a job. I've actually never done it before. And I'm mostly okay with it.

I've been doing some exploring. A lot of walking. Not really tourist stuff, but going to well-known places. There's usually a goal. Greenwich Village. Times Square. Et cetera. I'm trying to save some of my exploring for later, but it's hard with all kinds of time on my hands. One of my friends has a really good thing going. He has a small NYC notebook that has a subway map, a map of the city, and blank pages to write down places he likes. Restaurants, parks, shops, and stuff all go in there. We realized it will be really cool to look back through it in 6 months.

I have spent a fair amount of time catching up with friends. Seems like every day in my residence in NYC has been devoted to a friend. Roommate from OST, friend from high school, friend from college, friend from Hershey (which doesn't count since he moved here Friday), and multiple friends from college. Last night was beer pong with people I haven't seen in 6 years. It was great. I met a bunch of new people and laughed harder than I have in a long time. I miss being with people whose sense of humor is so attuned to mine.

Also...I kicked butt at pong. At least until the third game.

No comments:

Post a Comment