(Theatre nomad: a person in the theatre and/or entertainment field who travels from city to city and job to job with no real ties to one place; see also: independent contractor and ways to disappoint your parents.)

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tiny Tomatoes!

I get ridiculously excited about silly things. Kiddie pools in bright colors. Plants sprouting up from seeds. Tiny tomatoes appearing on a tomato plant of questionable success. I acknowledge that normal people don't get as excited as I do about such things, but...there are such summery things happening around here.

The roommate and I bought a kiddie pool and a hose and some lawn chairs. I planted some marigold and cherry tomato seeds and they look like real live plants now. I got some normal tomato plants and planted them and now there are TINY TOMATOES! Why wouldn't I be excited?

Also haircuts. My friend Tony is wonderful and cuts my hair a couple times a year for the low, low price of one sushi lunch. It's the best deal ever. I trust him and he makes me look pretty. 10 inches and some judgmental comments about how much I don't take care of my ridiculous Asian hair later and I feel fantastic! And did I mention pretty?


Tonight I'm playing some mild avoidance and am conveniently going to dinner to round out a group and preserve some sanity. How's that for vague? My roommate is having a lot of people over to watch the Tony's and after the torture that was last year, I am not going to be here nor at any other Tony's party. Instead, I am going to a birthday dinner where good food and whiskey will keep me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment