(Theatre nomad: a person in the theatre and/or entertainment field who travels from city to city and job to job with no real ties to one place; see also: independent contractor and ways to disappoint your parents.)

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thieves in the Night

So yesterday ended with an adventure! My friend Tyler designed lights for "The Wild Party" at Penn State-Harrisburg and he told me to go see it closing night. I've wanted to see that show ever since Kara chose Queenie as her makeup class assignment waaaaaaay back in 2004. So, with my now-trusty sidekick Scoot at my side, we took off for the show. The completely jaded theatre professionals in us couldn't help but notice a few small technical things (PLEASE just step downstage a half step! You'll be in your light!), but overall we had a good time. The lights looked good, which is the whole reason we came AND we discovered Penn State-Harrisburg's theatre is on the 2nd floor of the Olmsted building. So...mission accomplished? Yes.

Day 3 is wrapping up with yet ANOTHER adventure! After an unsuccessful Wal-Mart trip in the afternoon, I had some quality roommate bonding time with Stefanie (which involved watching the infamous "Injury" video from 2009) and then I coerced Scoot into joining me for dinner.

Don't worry, I haven't told you about the adventure part yet.

After dinner we decided to go on a rescue mission for my abandoned cilantro plant. In a slightly less than legal move, we rescued it from an undisclosed former place of my residence and took it with us on the lam. After a successful Wal-Mart trip, it was back to the undisclosed current place of my residence where I showed off my mad gardening skills for Stefanie while I planted the fragrant cilantro along with its new friends Flat Leaf Parsley and Mint. The result? The makings of my own little herb garden!


Tomorrow, the goal is to acquire some basil for that empty center part and all will be complete. Senor Cilantro is looking a bit wilted, but after his arduous journey, I'm not surprised he's a little down. Hopefully he will perk up soon. If he doesn't...guess we're having tacos soon.

So far: 3 days and 3 adventures...life is SWEET here in Chocolate Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment